Kathmandu Medical College Admission, Fees & Requirements
The institute has a teaching hospital that provides extensive training and internship programs for the students. Students will get live training in handling the patients during the course of study.
Refer the table below for quick highlights about Kathmandu Medical College:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Total Course Fees for 6 years (approx)
|Rs. 46 lakhs
|Duration of MBBS Course
|5.5 years (with 1-year rotational internship)
|Medium of Teaching
|Country – 1
World – 6543
|Recognition of University
|Nepal Medical Council (NMC) & MCI
Kathmandu Medical College is affiliated to Kathmandu University that enables the undergraduates, postgraduates and specialists to become qualified and trained professionals. Medical graduates from the institute are eligible to apply for California Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) to become a certified specialist.
Follow the eligibility criteria required applying for MBBS at Kathmandu Medical College:
- The candidate who has completed 17 years of age is eligible to apply for the MBBS program at Kathmandu Medical College.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 education or equivalent or Intermediate of Science(I.Sc) with subjects of physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main course subjects.
- Candidates should have an aggregate of 50% in the above-mentioned subjects.
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree in B.Sc. and have completed 10+2 examinations from the recognized university and also secured 50% in the above-mentioned subjects are eligible to apply for the MBBS course at Kathmandu Medical College.
Note: If the students fail to enroll himself/herself in a specified time then the seats will be allotted to the next candidate who is on the waiting list.
MBBS Admission Process
Kathmandu Medical College always believes to provide equal opportunity to students irrespective of their gender and origin:
- Students who have been sponsored by the Ministry of education will be enrolled in 10% of the total available seats.
- Local students or Nepali students need to apply for the Kathmandu University Medical Entrance Test (KUMET) held at Kathmandu University.
- The final selection will be conducted as per the interviews and performance in the entrance tests.
- For the foreign nationals, Kathmandu University Entrance Test for Foreign Nationals will be conducted and as per the eligibility criteria and performance of student selections are carried out under the act of the institute.
How to Apply?
- Applications for the MBBS program at Kathmandu Medical College are made in the month of April to August each year.
- Resident students need to clear the KUMET examination and submit a copy of the application form along with relevant documents to Kathmandu Medical College.
- Non-resident students need to forward their application with attested copies of documents to the Principal of Kathmandu College.
Applicants need to submit notarized copy of following documents
- Copy of Mark Sheets
- Copy of original Passport
- Official invitation letter
- NEET report card
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate
- Passport sized photographs
Benefits & Recognition
- Language of instruction taught for the MBBS course is English. There will be no language barrier for the studying MBBS course at the institute.
- Indian students don’t need to have a visa to study medicine at Kathmandu Medical College.
- The institute has a huge library that contains the collection of textbooks, reference books, research journals that guide medical students.
- Kathmandu Medical College organizes the student exchange program in affiliation with many countries like USA, Japan, Sweden, Australia etc.
- The institute is listed in the world directory of medical schools and follows the US standard of education.
Recognition & Accreditation
Kathmandu Medical College is affiliated with Kathmandu University which is recognized by the Medical Council of India and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.