Why Study MBBS in Mauritius
Indian students select to study MBBS in outside nations for some reason. After giving the NEET examinations and analyzing the various medical institute conditions, students prefer studying MBBS in abroad because of the quality teaching and facilities. Numerous nations select Indian students in MBBS courses. China, Georgia, Russia, and so forth are a couple of nations favored by Indian students to study MBBS abroad. MBBS in Mauritius is one of the alternatives for Indian students to seek their medical dream.
Mauritius is a country with wonderful natural resources. The surrounding environment helps people to gain a new lifestyle with easy adaptation. So this feature of Mauritius Medical Universities attracts many students to get admission.
The education is of high quality offered by the Mauritius Medical Universities at an affordable cost.
This opportunity is useful for students aiming to become a doctor. It is easy to get admission to the medical colleges of Mauritius and no entrance test is conducted for it. Indian professors and other faculty members are working in medical colleges with years of experience.
They approach the students with a proper ratio of 7:1 which helps them acquire excellent knowledge and skill in their specialized subjects. Their coaching makes the students clear the MCI screening test easily.
The people in Mauritius speak multi-languages like Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Hindi, English which helps them to mingle with the people around there.
The medium of instruction is English which benefits the students for their MBBS education.
Students are given enough training along with the duration of their MBBS program which creates a real-life experience in serving the people in the hospitals. So, MBBS in Mauritius gives rise to esteemed doctors to the world.
MBBS in Mauritius Fees Structure
Mauritius offers the medical course program at low expenses and so produces more valuable doctors to the world.
Fees structure of MBBS university in Mauritius
The fee structure of the MBBS program in Mauritius is very less when compared to countries all over the world. An Average fee paid is approximately Package 43 Lac for the 2021 intake MBBS course.
SSR Medical College Mauritius fees 2021
|SSR Medical College Fee Structure
||Per year (USD)
||Total in USD for 5 years
|Registration Fee (Non-refundable)
|Registration Fee for Hostel (Non-refundable)
Total in Rupees – USD 66,000 x 75 = 47.50 lakh.
- Flight travel charges will be extra.
- The examination fee of USD 100 per subject will be payable in addition to the Tuition fee.
- If the student pays the entire fee upfront, then the student will get a discount of USD 8,000 or 20%.
Anna Medical College Mauritius Fee Structure
|Anna Medical College Fee Structure
Total in Rupees = (10 Semesters) 43,00,000 + 3,50,000 (Registration)= 46,50,000 INR
- The above fee is inclusive of Exam & Affiliation Fees, Registration Charges, Lab & ICT Charges.
- Caution Money (Refundable) of MUR 100,000/- will be payable at the time of admission. The Caution Money will be refunded after clearance of all dues, if any, to the College on completion of the course.
- It is mandatory to stay in one of the hostels for their first year unless the student is given exceptional permission at the institution’s sole discretion
- Flight travel costs will be extra.
- A Financial Agreement will be entered by the university with each student regarding the payment plan of all fees, at the time of admission.
Duration of MBBS in Mauritius
The duration of the MBBS course program in Mauritius is 6 years. The clinical study of 5 years improves the student’s medical knowledge and 1 year of internship training helps them to treat the patients with proper care.
So, MBBS in Mauritius evolves renowned and talented doctors to serve across the globe.
MBBS in Mauritius is approved by the following international agencies
- World Health Organization(WHO)
- Medical Council of India(MCI)
- Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates(ECFMG)
- South African Qualification Authority (SQAQ)
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER)
- Tertiary Education Commission Mauritius(TEC)
- International Medical Education Directory(IMED)
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians(MRCP)
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination(USMLE)
- Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada(LMCC)
- Global Alliance for Medical Education(GAME)
MBBS in Mauritius Eligibility & Entry Requirements
International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points with a minimum of 2 Science subjects/ Mathematics at Higher Level (HL) & 1 Science subject at Standard Level (SL) & minimum score of 4 each in Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics
Indian Pre-University: Average of 70% in any 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & & Physics/Mathematics)
STPM/A-Levels: Grades BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects (Biology & Chemistry & Physics/Mathematics)
English Proficiency (Minimum): Band 4 in MUET (Local Candidates)/Band 6 in IELTS/550 in TOEFL (International Candidates)
Getting in one of the colleges for MBBS at Mauritius is not as difficult or painstaking as some would think. There are certain requirements along with guidelines that a student has to follow to secure a seat. Simple!
Let us look at the eligibility criteria in a tabular format-
||Minimum age- 17 Years
|Entrance Exam from India
||No entrance test is required in India
||Students must be NEET-UG qualified. NEET result is valid for a period of 3 years for MBBS abroad.
|Qualifying Marks from Class 12th
||60% in aggregate in class 12th
|Required Subjects in Class 12th
||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English
|Entrance Test in Mauritius
||Both colleges select the students on merit basis from their class 12th results. No entrance test required. There is an interview for SSR Medical College.
Now, both of the colleges have their own unique selection procedures and requirement of documents, so we shall study each of the college one-by-one and then see –
- Documents Required
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
Application Eligibility and Document Required for study in Mauritius
The following documents are to be carried before taking admission to Mauritius Medical Colleges.
- Passport (Minimum 12 month validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size Photographs
- The official invitation letter from the Medical University of Mauritius
- All the documents with authorization from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- All the Documents with legalization from the Mauritius Embassy.
- Visa and Application fees
- The bank receipt of the 1st year Tuition fee of the University.
The Admission procedure for studying MBBS in Mauritius is very simple, basic, and direct. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection. Please do follow the steps given below:
- Fill the application form of the desired institute with all the correct details.
- An offer letter will be given and preserve it for future use.
- Pay the expense for the enrolment at University/College.
- Apply for the visa, after the payment is done to your required medical college in Mauritius.
- Get a Visa for studying MBBS in Mauritius.
- Finally, book a flight to Mauritius and the process gets over.