Overview of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, founded in 1946, is one of Iran's oldest medical universities. The university was purchased by the Iranian government in order to give MBBS in Iran to all medical students. Its goal is to make better use of national medical resources to boost healthcare, teaching, and research.
Since its inception, the institution has built a name for itself in terms of producing ambitious students, and it is currently one of Iran's most prestigious medical universities. It has been approved by the Iranian Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education, as well as several other organizations throughout the world. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences offers a 7-year MBBS programme in iran. The University provides MBBS courses in both English and Persian.
Shiraz University Official Linkedin
Quick highlights about Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
|Year of Establishment
||NMC and WHO approved
||Students should get 50% aggregate in PCB(Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
|Medium of Teaching
Affiliation and Recognition of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Since its inception, the institution has built a name for itself in terms of producing ambitious students, and it is currently one of Iran's most prestigious medical universities. It has been approved by the Iranian Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education, as well as several other organizations throughout the world. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences is accredited by the National Medical Commission (NMC), the Medical Council of Canada (MCC), the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), registered with the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). These worldwide recognitions enable graduates to work anywhere in the world, subject to approval and clearance of Medical licensing examinations.
Other Advantages Include
- No additional fees or charges for admission.
- Simple Admissions Process
- Reasonably Priced Fee Structure
- Low living expenses
- International Recognition and Exposure
- High-quality instructional materials.
- Academic buildings are linked to dormitories where students can reside.
- Students can study from highly trained and professional professors.
- Well-equipped experimentation laboratories
- Multi-cultural environment
Duration of MBBS program in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
As an undergraduate program, the MBBS program at SUMS consists of Pre-clinical and Clinical phases. Upon the successful completion of the program the title “Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)” is granted to the professionals who succeed in the program, being referred to by the courtesy title of “Doctor” and the prefix “Dr.”
- Phase 1: (2.5 years): The phase serves as a foundation of basic and general medical sciences, preparing the students for the upcoming Phases by the theoretical and practical courses.
- Phase 2: (1 year): The second phase offers the fundamentals of clinical medicine and provides in-depth preparations for the Clinical clerkship.
- Phase 3: (2 years): This is the phase in which students step into clinics to participate in Clinical Clerkship procedures.
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences ranking
|Shiraz University of Medical Sciences ranking in Iran is
|Shiraz University of Medical Sciences world ranking is
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Iran has long been one of the top locations for Indian students pursuing medical degrees. Check the qualifying requirements below if you wish to pursue MBBS at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences. :
- Above 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- Cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
- The age for applying MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- In order to get enrolled to MBBS in Iran, the candidate must have qualified the NEET test.
- To apply for MBBS in Iran, individuals must have passed the NEET (UG) Entrance exam (according to the most recent MCI release).
Hostel and Accommodation at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
In Shiraz, SUMS provides well-equipped dorms for all students. They have dorms for all students, including males and girls. in the cities of Shiraz and Kish. All students enrolled in the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.), and Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) programmes will spend the first year of their studies at Kish, a Persian Gulf Island in southern Iran. Students admitted into other programmes, on the other hand, will remain in Shiraz for their studies. Students who live in Kish for the first year of their studies will be moved to Shiraz after one year and will finish their studies there. SUMS supplies dorms for both male and female students studying in Kish. Kish SUMS dorms provide the following amenities:
- Fully equipped two-bedroom apartments with two to three beds in each room, LED TV, drawer, closet, desk and chairs, couch set, and other amenities. Utilities, landline, and wireless internet connectivity are all supplied at no extra charge.
- Each suite has a lounge and a shared bathroom with a separate shower and toilet.
- It is handy since the neighborhood is full of local stores, bakeries, and shopping complexes.
- The dormitory has laundry facilities, including washing machines with built-in dryers.
- A prayer room is provided.
- Free Wi-Fi across campus and in the dorms
- 10 GB Internet per month
- Online internet service and support Centre
- Online bookstore
- Free computer pools in SUMS schools
- Free access to scientific research databases
Shiraz has an average cost of living of $727, placing it in the top 31% of the world's least expensive cities, ranking 6387th out of 9294 on our worldwide list and 13th out of 102 in Iran.
The average after-tax wage is $309, which covers living costs for 0.4 months. 5710th (TOP 61%) on the list of finest places to live in the world, and 4th best city to live in Iran. Shiraz is Iran's fifth biggest city, with a population of 1.57 million people.
Why Pursue Your MBBS Studies in Iran
Iran, the Islamic republic, is the easternmost country in the Middle East. The Caspian Sea borders the nation on the north, and the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman border it on the south. Persia was the country's former name. On land, it is bordered by Armenia, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, and Turkmenistan, while in the Caspian Sea, it is bordered by Kazakhstan, Russia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia.
The population of the nation is projected to be over 83 million people (as of 2020 data). The republic's capital and political and economic center, Tehran, is the country's biggest metropolis. The Iranian Medes initially unified Iran in the seventh century BC, and it achieved its territorial apogee in the sixth century BC, when Cyrus the Great created the Achaemenid Empire, which became one of the world's first superpowers and one of history's greatest empires.
Iran is a regional and intermediate power in Asia, with a strategic position. It is a founder member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. It has massive fossil fuel reserves, including the world's second-largest natural gas supply and fourth-largest known oil reserves. The country's 22 UNESCO World Legacy Sites highlight the country's rich cultural heritage.
Benefits of Study MBBS in Iran
- Affordable living
- Global Recognition and Exposure
- The weather is pleasant.
- Students at MBBS in Iran have access to high-quality educational resources.
- In Iran, MBBS has established cutting-edge infrastructure.
- In Iran, MBBS features academic buildings that are connected to dormitory structures where students can stay.
- In Iran, students studying MBBS have the opportunity to learn from highly qualified and skilled lecturers.
- Experimentation laboratories are well-equipped at MBBS in Iran.
- Universities in Iran have large libraries with a wide range of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, editorials, encyclopedias, and other non-fiction literature to help students expand their knowledge.
- Students studying MBBS in Iran gain extensive exposure to technology as well as a high degree of quality information.
- MBBS in Iran accepts applications from students from all over the world, resulting in a multi-cultural setting.
- MBBS in Iran provides international students with airport pickup, travel accommodations, lodging, and international bank account establishment services while they are enrolled.
- The application for admission to MBBS in Iran is done online and is much simpler.
- On-campus training is available at MBBS in Iran.
- University-affiliated hospitals provide advanced training and internship opportunities.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students