University of Dhaka Admission, Fees & Requirements
The University of Dhaka was founded in July 1921 and situated in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The main goal of the university was to create new areas of knowledge and to help society.
The University of Dhaka has many scholars working as faculty members and enriching the global pool of knowledge by making notable contributions in the fields of teaching and research.
The university consists of 83 departments, 13 faculties, 12 institutes, 20 residential halls, 56 research centres and 3 hostels, 37017 students and 1992 teachers.
More than 1262 PhD 1217 M.phil researchers have passed out from the University of Dhaka.
The University of Dhaka is dedicated to providing advanced learning and is committed to promoting research.
It offers fully furnished accomodation facilities and other infrastructural facilities, new plans and opportunities, updated course curriculum, new research projects and international programs every year.
The University of Dhaka is also one of the largest public universities in Bangladesh and has already educated more than 33,000 students with the help of approximately 1800 faculty members. The University has also been included in the Top 100 Universities of Asia.
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Postgraduates Medical Sciences & Research
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business Studies
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Fine Art
The worldwide medical aspirants must fit into the following eligibility criteria to get MBBS seat at University of Dhaka:
- The candidates should have the age of 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date in which the admission is being taken, or complete this age before 31st December of the admission year.
- The candidates must clear the NEET examination as it is mandatory for students to take admission in MBBS course.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 standard from the respective board for taking admission in MBBS course.
- The candidates must secure at least 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
- The reserved category candidates( ST/SC/OBC) must secure a minimum of 45% for MBBS course admission.
How to Apply for MBBS Admission at University of Dhaka?
Follow these steps to take admission in University of Dhaka for doing MBBS:
- Step 1: The candidates must fill the online application form for MBBS admission in the University of Dhaka.
- Step 2: The application will be sent to the Academic Committee of the concerned Department/Institute for their opinion.
- Step 3: The pro-chancellor will approve the admission and the discussion will be forwarded to the Ministry of education.
- Step 4: The Ministry of education will issue a no-objection certificate to the candidate in favour of admission.
- Step 5: The candidates need to pay the MBBS course and other fees of the University of Dhaka.
- Step 6: The foreign students must apply for the visa procedure to get a valid passport.
The worldwide medical aspirants must submit all required documents (original+Xerox copies) during MBBS admission time at University of Dhaka:
- The candidates must submit the correct filled application form in the office at the University of Dhaka.
- The candidates must submit the passing certificate.
- SSC & HSC mark sheet must be submitted during MBBS admission time.
- Students must submit the Birth certificate for MBBS course admission.
- NEET report card & admit card must be submitted.
- The candidates should submit Transfer certificate/ leaving certificate from previous school or institution.
- The candidates must submit the migration certificate.
- The candidates must carry the invitation letter during admission time.
- A valid passport is required during admission time.
- The candidates must bring the copy of Identity proof document- Adhar card/pan card etc.
- The candidates must bring recent passport size photographs for the MBBS admission process.
- The candidates must bring the tuition fee payment receipt from the bank, after paying the first year MBBS course fees.
- The candidates must submit the Medical fitness certificate along with the HIV reports during MBBS admission time.
- Every candidate must go for COVID-19 screening test before taking MBBS admission at the University of Dhaka.
Check out some important quick facts of University of Dhaka mentioned below in the table:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Application Deadline Date
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)
|Duration of MBBS Course
||5 years + 1year internship
|Medium of Teaching
||Country Rank – 1
World Rank -1684
||MCI & WHO approved
Benefits & Recognition
- Worldwide medical aspirants can pursue MBBS at an affordable cost without any donation fee or hidden charges at the University of Dhaka.
- The students are provided practical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge.
- The admission procedure of the University of Dhaka is very simple.
- The medium of teaching at the University of Dhaka is English and Bengali language.
- Every student will get a globally accepted medical degree after completing MBBS course from the University of Dhaka.
- The University of Dhaka is officially recognized and approved by MCI & WHO.
- The University of Dhaka has a well-developed infrastructure with all basic requirements of students.
- The University of Dhaka has an international environment due to which every student will get different cultures background exposure during MBBS education.
- The students don’t need to give any university exam for MBBS education.
Accreditation and Recognition of University of Dhaka
The medical degree awarded from the University of Dhaka is fully recognized by different medical bodies mentioned below:
- Recognised by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI)