Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Admission, Fees
In September 1897, the Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University was founded as the Medical Institute for Women. This was the first institution both Mbbs in Russia and Europe to provide an opportunity for women to acquire higher medical education.
Academy has become one of the leading medical centers of the country. The university has adopted a unique teaching methodology since its foundation, which is based on a combination of the best Russian medical educational traditions with methods of Western Education System. In 1994 by the decision of the Government of the Russian Federation, the university got its present name.
Pavlov First Saint- Petersburg State Medical University was established in September, 1897. Initially, it was introduced as the Medical Institute for Women. This institution is considered to be the first institution to provide an opportunity for women to obtain higher medical education. The University believes in adapting unique teaching methodology which is based on combination of the best Russian Medical Educational Traditions with the methods of Western Education System. The name St. Petersburg State I.P. Pavlov Medical University was given by the Government of the Russian Federation in the year 1994. The University is the only higher medical school which has a polyclinic within the boundaries of the University. In the year 2017, it was 192nd anniversary of the founding of the polyclinic. This University is recognized as a big center for training specialists all over the world.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Sports Medicine
- Faculty of Adaptive Physical Education Culture
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology
- Faculty for Foreign Students
- Higher Education Nursing School
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
- Faculty of Pre-University Education
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University is as follows:
- Students must have cleared NEET exam.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The university accepts candidates with all passing marks and grades in class 12th, no specific grade or marks are required.
- The student must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology at his/her 12th standard.
Following is the admission process for applying to MBBS course at Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University:
- Step 1: Applicants should fill the application form available online. They can send the documents via email.
- Step 2: Then they have to submit a school leaving certificate, a birth certificate, a copy of passport, and transcripts of records and other necessary documents.
- Step 3: Students will receive an admission letter from the university, once they submit the above documents.
- Step 4: The Registration Fees should be paid to the University Account or through net banking.
- Step 5: For study on the confirmation of the admission by respective universities, the Department of Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation will start issuing the official invitation letter to the students.
- Step 6: On receiving an admission letter from Russian Federation, students would need to visit the embassy/ consulate of the Russian Federation in your country for a student visa.
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University:
- Duly filled-in admission form
- Scanned copy of mark sheet of class 12th and 10th
- Scanned copy of NEET result
- Bank statements (upto 6 months)
- passport (scanned copy of first and last page)
- HIV test report
- Medical certificate to show physical fitness
- 6 coloured photographs in white background (Passport size 4.5cm /3.5cm)
- Scanned copy of passport (first and last page)
Benefits of Studying in Russia
- The university has 11 medical faculties.
- This is one of the top medical universities in Russia.
- The university has a big library which consists of 950 thousands volumes of books and periodicals.
- The university has collaborative partnerships with health care institutions and universities around the world.
- The First St. Petersburg State Medical University has a low fee structure.
- There is no entrance exam required for admission into this university.
- The university provides an in-campus hostel facility for students.
- There is an international airport nearest to this university known as Pulkovo airport.
Accreditation and Recognition
Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University in Russia is accredited by many medical bodies such as:
- Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation
- The U.S Department of Education
- The General Medical Council of Britain