Nicolaus Copernicus University Admission, Fees & Requirements
Nicolaus Copernicus University was established in the year 1945 in the city of Torun. The university has 17 faculties including 3 medical faculties at College Medicum. Around 25000 students were studied graduate and postgraduate courses at Nicolaus Copernicus University. The university organizes student exchange programs at national and international level. Nicolaus Copernicus University is equipped with well-developed infrastructure including National Laboratory of Atomic, Center for Quantum Optics, Molecular and Optical Physics, Collegium Humanisticum and university sports center.
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course
The students must fit within the eligibility criteria at Nicolaus Copernicus University given below:
- The student applying for the MBBS course in Nicolaus Copernicus University must have cleared the TOEFL iBT exam with a minimum of 72 points or TOEFL CBT with a minimum of 180 points and/or IELTS exam with a minimum of 5.5 points.
- The candidate must have scored at least 50% in HSC level exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- The age of the candidate must be at least 17 years and maximum 25 years old as on the 31st December of the admission year.
Admission Process For MBBS Course
The students must follow the admission steps given below for taking admission in MBBS course at Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland:
The admissions for the first round are closed. However, the second round admission process would start from 24th August 2020.
- Step 1: Students have to create an account on the online portal of the university first for applying and choosing the program.
- Step 2: Upload the scanned copies of the documents mentioned in the document section.
- Step 3: Pay the admission fee of 85 PLN and/or 150 PLN for programs with practical exams. Students can ask for the correct fee to the university personnel.
- Step 4: Once the documentation is completed and the admission fee is paid, the application will be reviewed by the faculty.
- Step 5: After the review, if necessary students will be asked to come for an interview for the practical exam.
- Step 6: When selected, students will get an invitation letter to the address mentioned by students in their account at the online portal while filling the admission form.
Document Required: For MBBS Course
All important documents are needed to be submitted by candidates during admission time and to be translated into either Polish or English language:
- Secondary school certificate
- HSC certificate
- Health certificate
- Health insurance
- Color photographs
- Passport copy
- English language proficiency certificate at least at B2 level eg. TOEFL/IELTS. If candidates do not have such certificates they may be asked to come for the interview.
Accommodation & Hostel Facilities
Nicolaus Copernicus University offers best hostel facilities to students with all important amenities:
Students from all over the world are offered very lavish accommodation options at Nicolaus Copernicus University. There are options for students like temporary stays in university hotels renting rooms per night as well as living for a long time in university student’s houses renting rooms on a per month basis.
- Students can choose from 3 students’ houses in different areas.
- The students’ houses are provided with every need and necessary things for students.
- You can find more information about which house to choose on the official site of Nicolaus Copernicus University.
The benefits of studying MBBS at Nicolaus Copernicus University states simply whether students should choose to study at this university:
- Nicolaus Copernicus University offers students the education in English medium.
- Students are offered an optional preparatory course before starting of the semesters so that students can prepare for the upcoming syllabus and get a perfect prevision of the studies.
- Even when English proficiency tests are necessary for admission to Nicolaus Copernicus University, students are given the option of an interview to test their qualifications.
- Nicolaus Copernicus University offers the best quality education, it is one of the top 10 universities in Poland and is the proof of this thing.
- University offers best quality facilities for accommodation and practical exams.
Recognition & Accreditations
The Nicolaus Copernicus University is officially recognized and accredited by:
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Poland.
- ABET- USE
- Medical Council of India (MCI)