Medical University of Silesia Admission, Fees & Requirements
The Medical University of Silesia was founded in 1968 in Katowice. It is the vibrant academic institution in Poland having an interdisciplinary research hub. University of Silesia offers a variety of programs in the specialized field of a study.
The university has well-equipped laboratories, outstanding research programs which actively focuses on educational and scientific development.
The university also offers 70 programme and 240 specializations in every academic year which help the students to meet the challenges across the society and labour market. The institute provides a stimulating learning environment in order to achieve academic ambitions every year.
Admission Process: Applying for MBBS Course
- The application form will be available on the website
- Candidate needs to create an account in the online application system for registration.
- Enter the personal data with valid details.
- Check the validity of required documents and upload the copy of documents legalized by respective authority.
- After getting an invitation letter, pay the application fee visa online payment methods.
- Candidate will get notification via online application system account.
Required Document: For MBBS Course
- High school Certificate (translated in Polish)
- Diploma Certificate with grades (translated in Polish)
- Medical certificate
- Language certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Copy of passport
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course
- Age of the applicant should be in between 17 to 25 years.
- The exams like TOEFL or IELTS should be cleared for admission at Medical University of Silesia in Katowice.
- A student should be a high school graduate with an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
Accommodation at the Medical University of Silesia
- The university offers accommodation to students at walking distance away from the college campus.
- There are 2 dormitory buildings located at 26 Medykow street (7-floor building) and 24 Medykow street (8-floor building) with the following facilities:
- Single room at 890 PLN per month (with attached bathroom)
- Single room at 740 PLN per month (with attached bathroom)
Note: A student who wants to apply for accommodation at a student dormitory should have to submit the application to the Dean’s office before February 18, 2019.
1. Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty has a 5 clinical hospitals located in the city of Katowice having university clinical center along with public clinical hospital affiliated to clinics of Poland.
- The faculty offers a 6-year MBBS program for undergraduates in the course of medicine.
- Degree awarded to students after completion of the course is MD i.e.”Doctor of Medicine”.
2. Faculty of Health Science
- Faculty of health science at the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice offers full time & part time programme in nursing, physiotherapy, obstetrics, electro radiology specialized fields.
- The program lasts for 2 or 3 years depending on the structure of course.
Since 2005, the Medical University of Silesia participates in student exchange programs, Erasmus programme for the mobility of university students in association with 60 medical universities of abroad countries like Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Netherland, France, Italy, Romania and Turkey.
Medical University of Silesia in Katowice also participates in multicenter clinical trial programs and large international research projects.
University also has a participation in European Union Health Programs such as EEA financial mechanism, Norwegian financial mechanism.
Accreditation & Recognition
- Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science & Education, Poland
- Polish Accreditation Committee
- United States Department of Education