Patan Academy of Health Sciences Admission, Fees & Requirements
Patan Academy of Health Sciences situated in Lalitpur was established in 2008. It is a public, not-for-profit institution of higher education. This is an autonomous institution. Patan Academy of Health Sciences is located in the Patan region of Nepal adjoining Kathmandu. It is a public college dedicated to the production of doctors who are ready to serve the needy people of the country. The academy is based at the major teaching hospital for the academy which is Patan Hospital.
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Nepal:
|Intake for MBBS Course
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
||Country Rank – 7
World Rank – 8432
||5 years + 1 year of internship
||Approved by MCI, WHO
|Medium of Education
Student Life at Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Following is the life of students at Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- At this university, there are super specialized, digitalized, laboratories.
- Students can also carry out investigations in Biochemistry, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Microbiology, etc. in operation theatres.
- There are also well equipped, digitized laboratories for investigations using CT scan, MRI, X Ray machine, Ultrasonography, etc.
- Students have amenities like well equipped museums, auditorium, spacious lecture halls, etc.
- The college has a completely well equipped central library for enriching knowledge and to find reference materials.
- Demonstration room, dissection hall, modernized computer labs, and internet connectivity etc. facilities for students.
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Patan Academy of Health Sciences is as follows:
- Students must have passed 12th examination or equivalent qualifications recognized by Universities/ Board of Nepal.
- Students must have English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) at their 10+2.
- They must have passed in each subject with a minimum of 50% in PCB and English and also in aggregate.
- Students must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the year in which the admission is being taken.
Admission Process (Step by Step)
Following is the complete admission process for applying to MBBS course at Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- Step 1: Applicants should fill the application form available online. They can send the documents via email.
- Step 2: Students will have to submit a school leaving certificate, a birth certificate, a copy of passport, and transcripts of records and other necessary documents.
- Step 3: After the submission of the above documents, students will receive an admission letter from the university.
- Step 4: The Registration Fees should be paid to the University Account or through net banking.
- Step 5: The students will receive an official invitation letter for study in Nepal on the confirmation of the admission by respective universities.
- Step 6: On receiving an admission letter, students can apply for a student visa.
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- Invitation charges
- Duly filled application form (online or onsite)
- Copy of 12th standard mark sheet
- Copy of NEET UG Result
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size photos
- Income proof of parents or
- Address Proof
- Migration Certificate
- Health Certificate.
- Photocopy of valid passport.
- High school academic transcript.
- English proficiency test certificate.
- HIV reports and medical insurance by recognized hospital
Benefits & Recognition
Given below are the benefits of studying MBBS at Patan Academy of Health Sciences:
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences has nice study rooms and laboratories.
- Library has nice study material, students can gather notes from periodicals, journals, and other study materials.
- The college provides hostel, canteen, and sports facilities too.
- The university has international faculty members and they use innovative teaching methods.
- Students can get involved in international student exchange programs, as the university has many relationships with international medical institutions from around the world.
- The university has its own hospital.
Accreditation and Recognition
Patan Academy of Health Sciences has following Accreditation and Recognition:-
- Nepal Medical Council and affiliated to Kathmandu University.
- Medical Council of India (MCI)