B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Admission, Fees & Requirements
The MBBS program in BPKIHS has been recognized by the Medical Council of India, Nepal, and Sri lanka. The language of instruction at BPKIHS is English for studying MBBS.
Given below is the table for quick highlights about B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan:
|50% in PCB
|Medium of Teaching
|Country Ranking -8
World Ranking -11953
|MCI & WHO Approved
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences consists of 19 faculties that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Nepal national economy. On Jan 18, 1993, B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences was established. The institute is famous among the Indian students to pursue MBBS in Nepal. It is popularly known as BPKIHS, Nepal.
The MBBS program in BPKIHS has been recognized by the Medical Council of India, Nepal, and Sri lanka.
Students can check the eligibility criteria mentioned below for studying MBBS in B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences:
- The candidate must be over 17 on or before the date in which the admission is being taken.
- The candidate should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold a degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The MBBS aspirants should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects that are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The applicant must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for MBBS aspirants. Some Medical Colleges also offer Direct entry to a valid NEET card Holder.
The admission process of B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is as follows: On a round of counselling and academic progress, the Admission process for B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan is based. Students are advised to read the below mentioned points to avoid any kind of confusion.
- Step 1: You must fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- Step 2: You will get an offer letter which you need to save for future use.
- Step 3: Then, you must pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- Step 4: Students should apply for the Visa, once they have paid the MBBS fees for your desired medical college.
- Step 5: Students will then get a Visa for studying MBBS in Nepal.
- Step 6: Now they can easily book a flight to Nepal.
Following documents are required at the time of admission to B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan :
- Passport (with Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate (In English).
- Passport Size Photographs – 10.
- Medical University of Nepal’s Official Invitation letter.
- The Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi’s authorization of all documents.
- All the documents legalized from the Nepali Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- University’s 1st year Tuition fee’s bank receipt (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents with negative results.
Benefits & Recognition
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is approved by the WHO and it is one of the listed colleges in the “World Directory of Medical School”.
- In Nepal-India cooperation, BPKIHS is one of the best colleges.
- This institute is recognized for the MBBS program in the year of 1994 by the Medical Councils of Nepal, India, and Sri-Lanka.
- The institute provides many facilities to its students such as hostels, library, auditorium, computer labs, cafeteria, laboratory, hospital, sports, etc.
- The culture of Nepal, food habits and language is familiar for Indian students and thus they do not need any major adjustments.
- Students are neither required to take any English language tests like IELTS or TOEFL etc., nor do they require to give any entrance test, however NEET is mandatory.
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences educates medical students dedicatedly and it offers modern medical science courses in various specialties including intensive treatments and practical knowledge of operating theatres.
Accreditation and Recognition
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is recognized and accredited by many important medical bodies in the field of medical education such as:
- Nepal Nursing Council
- Nepal Health Professional Council
- Nepal Medical Council
- Medical Council of India
- World Health Organization