MBBS IN MALAYSIA EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The MBBS programme aims to produce doctors who are:
- competent and highly trainable.
- effective in communication skills and able to demonstrate leadership quality in society.
- equipped with lifelong learning skills.
- ready to fulfill the MOH’s vision and strategic objectives which are based on its corporate values that incorporate professionalism, teamwork, and caring values.
MBBS STUDY PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the undergraduate training, a UoC medical graduate is able to demonstrate adequate knowledge (cognitive), skills (psychomotor) and appropriate professional attributes (affective) in the following aspects.
Advanced and applied medical knowledge
- Knowledge of biological, behavioral, clinical, ethical, and socioeconomic sciences that are relevant to the understanding of health and illness of the individual, family, and society.
Preventive medicine and population health
- The role of religion, culture, socioeconomic factors in the changing environment of health and illness. This includes geriatric medicine and patient safety.
Disaster & relief medicine and military medicine
- Theoretical and practical training in preparing for disaster, including Military Medicine and Military psychiatry.