Tehran University of Medical Sciences in Iran
Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) is Iran's largest and most prestigious medical university. Dr. Lankarani, Iran's Minister of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education described TUMS as a pioneer in research throughout the country, with a considerable lead over peer universities, in September 2008. It was formed as part of Dar ol-Fonoon in 1851 and was eventually merged into the University of Tehran in 1934.
Read Also: MBBS in Iran
It is in Tehran, near the main University of Tehran campus. In 1986, legislative law removed it from the University of Tehran, and it became part of the new Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education. TUMS is recognized as one of Iran's top research institutions, with a government research budget of more than 300 billion Rials. Over 13,000 students (40 percent of them are women) are trained in 290 undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree (short course) programs at the institution. The university contains 11 schools, 16 teaching hospitals, and over 44 libraries, and produces 58 periodicals, some of which are in conjunction with academic groups. The institution also runs the National Museum of Medical Sciences History.
Accreditation Service for International Colleges and Universities has granted TUMS Premier Status (ASIC UK). It also has the largest medical, dental, pharmacy, rehabilitation, allied medical sciences, public health, advanced medical technologies, nutritional sciences and dietetics, nursing and midwifery, and virtual school in Iran. This university oversees over a hundred specialized research centers, including Science and Technology in Medicine, Rheumatology, Audiology, Digestive Disease, Skin Diseases, and Leprosy, Trauma, Hematology and Oncology, Cardiovascular Diseases, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Reproductive Health, Urology, Immunology, and Asthma and Allergy.
Why study MBBS at Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)?
- If you are thinking of pursuing higher education in medicine or other branches of medical sciences, Tehran University of Medical Sciences is one of the best places to start.
- Tehran State Medical University offers medical education at a low cost to all students.
- The institution features an experienced faculty and a well-organized campus. In addition, the institution delivers practical knowledge via the use of innovative technologies and well-equipped laboratories.
- As English is also the medium of instruction, there is no need to learn the local language.
- There are no contribution fees required for admission to Tehran State Medical University.
- Teachers provide students with personalized attention while they learn or practice.
Quick highlights about Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
|Year of Establishment
||NMC and WHO approved
||Students should get 50% aggregate in PCB(Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
|Medium of Teaching
Advantages of MBBS at Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
To begin with, academic work and activities at TUMS are not restricted to classrooms, libraries, and labs. Every week, numerous institutions conduct various conferences and meetings on various themes and in various professions. You can seek similar events and participate in them. You may be requested to function as a member of an event's organizing committee for some events, or you may be offered the option to volunteer. These are fantastic opportunities to participate in a variety of chores while getting to know your classmates and friends in a new setting. In addition, other student unions and organizations are active in various schools.
Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) ranking
|Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) ranking in Iran is
|Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) world ranking is
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
If you wish to get admitted to Iran's Tehran University of Medical Sciences, you must pass the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). It is important to remember that you simply need to be eligible for the exam.
Iran has long been one of the top locations for Indian students pursuing medical degrees. Check the qualifying requirements below if you wish to pursue MBBS at the Tehran University of Medical Sciences.
- The candidate must have completed 12th from CBSE/ICSE or an equivalent board of examination.
- To be qualified for MBBS admission to Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) the candidate must have secured at least 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th examination.
- The age for applying MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- The base age to apply for affirmation for MBBS in Iran is 17 years.
- In order to get enrolled to MBBS in Iran, the candidate must have qualified the NEET test.
- To apply for MBBS in Iran, individuals must have passed the NEET (UG) Entrance exam (according to the most recent MCI release).
Document Required For Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) Admission
The following is a list of papers necessary for admission to Tehran University of Medical Sciences; the candidate should ensure that these documents are available.
- You must have your high school/secondary school transcript (10th grade).
- You must have finished your secondary/intermediate schooling (12th).
- Bring your NEET Score Card with you.
- A new ID proof with all the necessary information issued by the Government of India is required.
- English proficiency test certification
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Motivation Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Student Visa on Passport
- Current Financial Situation
MBBS Syllabus at Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
The complete syllabus of studying MBBS at Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) are as follows-
||Anatomy and Histology
||Histology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology cell biology, Microbiology, General Pathology
||Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Genetics
|Fourth to Fifth year
||General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care Medicine, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Neurology & Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine & Cardiology
Hostel and Accommodation at Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)
Tehran University of Medical Sciences offers high-quality housing to its students in two contemporaries, freshly built residential halls. Beds, drawers, closets, a desk, a couch set, and chairs are provided in each room in proportion to the number of pupils. Each room features a television and internet connectivity via hardwired data ports as well as wireless devices. Each apartment has a kitchen, as well as a washing machine and ironing board shared by the flat's student inhabitants. Trained employees provide cleaning and maintenance. The image above depicts the boys' housing location, whereas the one below depicts the ladies' dormitory.
Popular MBBS Destination For Indian Students