Lincoln American University Admission, Fees & Requirements
The Lincoln American University is a reputed medical institution that is located in the city of Kingston, Guyana. LAU was founded in the year 2016. The number of aspiring international students that are looking to pursue their MD (equivalent to MBBS in India) program in the Caribbean islands has increased rapidly.
Guyana is the only country of South America, which is an English- speaking country due to its British heritage. So the medium of instruction is also kept English to invite as many International Students as possible.
As one of the Best Medical Universities in the Caribbean islands, Lincoln American University is comprised of a world-class infrastructure containing well-equipped academic buildings with the latest technologies. The University has highly trained faculty & staff members, who are always focused to inspire the students into highly-skilled physicians with capabilities to specialize in various fields of health care & medicine. The University believes in providing its students with the best education through an equal mix of theoretical studies and hands-on training, which makes it a great choice for International students. The curriculum of the University is planned according to the reputed colleges of the USA.
Lincoln American University is a medical university situated in Guyana. Guyana is the only English speaking country in South America. It is known for its British colonial architecture, including tall, painted-timber St. George’s Anglican Cathedral. The medium of instruction in the university is English and the course curriculum is designed according to the best medical schools in Caribbean Islands and USA. The University is offering MD program of 5 years. There are Three phases in this Program – Premedical (1 Year), Preclinical/ Basic Sciences (2 years) & Clinical Rotations (last 2 years). The University provides students with healthy and multi-cultural environment.
Globally recognized degrees are awarded to the students after their graduation, which makes them eligible to practice medicine anywhere in the world. It is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) and enlisted with the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). For the holistic development of its students, the University provides different opportunities to its students and become successful doctors.
- Faculty of General medicine (MD- Doctor of Medicine)
Before choosing the Caribbean Islands as a destination for your medical education, let’s get aware of all the factors necessary to take admission at Medical Universities in the Caribbean Nations-
Criteria reserved for Indian students to take admission in MD at any of the Top Medical Universities in the Caribbean Islands, stated as follows-
- Every medical aspirant from India must have completed his/her class XII in Science; having scored a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. This is especially required for students from Unreserved Category.
- Reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) students can apply with the 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology; as per the guidelines by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The student must have qualified for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
- No additional entrance test or examination is required.
The team of Education Abroad brings out the easiest admission procedure for the aspirants of MD in the Caribbean Islands.
Go through the following steps and get yourself enrolled with the Top Medical Universities in just a few days-
- Step 1- Fill the Application Form
- Step 2- Submit your academic documents like X & XII mark sheets (educational certificates), Birth Certificate, NEET scorecard and Passport size photographs.
- Step 3- Passport: Students usually think that if they do not have a passport, then the registration process is not possible for them. This is not true, you can still register yourself even if you do not have a passport. It is not mandatory. Also, at the time of registration to the University, you can apply for your passport at
- Step 4- Then, the students will receive their Admission Letter from their chosen University.
- Step 5- Students will have to apply for ‘Visa Invitation letter’ then for which, you require the following:
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Bank statement of 6 months (can be of Father or Mother)
- Passport size photographs with white background
- Step 6- Visa stamping is your last step for the admission process. We – at Education Abroad, get your Visa stamped from Embassies of respective countries of the Caribbean Islands in India
The Caribbean Islands – consists of the Caribbean Sea, its island and the surrounding coastal areas. The region has a large area extending from the southern coast of the United States to the northern coast of South America, bounded on the west by Mexico and the Central American states facing out to the Atlantic on the east. The Caribbean Islands have a sprawling area of 2.754 million km². The Caribbean Islands are divided into three major physiographic categories that constitute the West Indies- the Greater Antilles, comprising the islands of Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico; the Lesser Antilles, including Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Antigua & Barbuda, Montserrat, etc. It is famous for its amazing scenic beauty, beaches and lovely climate. The most prominent languages spoken in these islands are English, Spanish, French, Dutch and Antillean Creole.
One of the major sectors for which The Caribbean Islands are majorly praised is Excellent Medical Education. MD (Doctor of Medicine) in the Caribbean is an ideal choice for all the international students coming from various nationalities. There are no chances of a language barrier as English is the first/ second language in most Caribbean islands and is also the official “language of Tourism & Education”, the most dominant industry in the Caribbean region.
Benefits & Recognition
- Holistic Evaluation
- Easy Admission Policy
- Rolling Admissions
- Accelerated Study
- Clinical Rotations in Good Hospitals
- High Success Rate
- Tropical Paradise