Bridgetown International University Admission, Fees & Requirements
Bridgetown International University, School of Medicine (BIU) is one of the finest among the Top Medical Universities for MD in Barbados.
BIU is located in Barbados, Caribbean Islands. It was officially established in the year 2017 with a mission to provide quality medical education. BIU aspires to lead as a Best Medical Bestower, by providing world-class Medical Education in the Caribbean Islands, to the students from across the world.
The university is recognized and listed in the Medical Council of India, FAIMER which makes it worth for studying Medicine in Caribbean Islands.
The university has well-equipped medical classrooms with proper infrastructure and advanced technology. The students are trained to enhance their medical skills for which the number of qualified faculties provides them with excellent guidance.
The university joins hands with a number of top affiliated hospitals in order to offer the best chances for the students to pursue their clinical training. This period is said to be the golden period for every student as it gives them the opportunity to get exposed to the most ideal medical conditions and learn the best medical practices under the professional environment.
Students are also given the option to go familiarisation trips to associated hospitals for enhancing their practical exposure even before their clinical rotations in second year itself.
- General Medicine (MD- Doctor of Medicine)
Before choosing the Caribbean Islands as a destination for your medical education, let’s get aware of all the factors necessary to take admission at Medical Universities in the Caribbean Nations-
Criteria reserved for Indian students to take admission in MD at any of the Top Medical Universities in the Caribbean Islands, stated as follows-
- Every medical aspirant from India must have completed his/her class XII in Science; having scored a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. This is especially required for students from Unreserved Category.
- Reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) students can apply with the 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology; as per the guidelines by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The student must have qualified for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
- No additional entrance test or examination is required.
The team of Education Abroad brings out the easiest admission procedure for the aspirants of MD in the Caribbean Islands.
Go through the following steps and get yourself enrolled with the Top Medical Universities in just a few days-
- Step 1- Fill the Application Form
- Step 2- Submit your academic documents like X & XII mark sheets (educational certificates), Birth Certificate, NEET scorecard and Passport size photographs.
- Step 3- Passport: Students usually think that if they do not have a passport, then the registration process is not possible for them. This is not true, you can still register yourself even if you do not have a passport. It is not mandatory. Also, at the time of registration to the University, you can apply for your passport at
- Step 4- Then, the students will receive their Admission Letter from their chosen University.
- Step 5- Students will have to apply for ‘Visa Invitation letter’ then for which, you require the following:
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Bank statement of 6 months (can be of Father or Mother)
- Passport size photographs with white background
- Step 6- Visa stamping is your last step for the admission process. We – at Education Abroad, get your Visa stamped from Embassies of respective countries of the Caribbean Islands in India
The Caribbean Islands – consists of the Caribbean Sea, its island and the surrounding coastal areas. The region has a large area extending from the southern coast of the United States to the northern coast of South America, bounded on the west by Mexico and the Central American states facing out to the Atlantic on the east. The Caribbean Islands have a sprawling area of 2.754 million km². The Caribbean Islands are divided into three major physiographic categories that constitute the West Indies- the Greater Antilles, comprising the islands of Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico; the Lesser Antilles, including Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Antigua & Barbuda, Montserrat, etc. It is famous for its amazing scenic beauty, beaches and lovely climate. The most prominent languages spoken in these islands are English, Spanish, French, Dutch and Antillean Creole.
One of the major sectors for which The Caribbean Islands are majorly praised is Excellent Medical Education. MD (Doctor of Medicine) in the Caribbean is an ideal choice for all the international students coming from various nationalities. There are no chances of a language barrier as English is the first/ second language in most Caribbean islands and is also the official “language of Tourism & Education”, the most dominant industry in the Caribbean region.
Benefits & Recognition
- Holistic Evaluation
- Easy Admission Policy
- Rolling Admissions
- Accelerated Study
- Clinical Rotations in Good Hospitals
- High Success Rate
- Tropical Paradise