Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Admission, Fees & Requirements
Starting with only 3 departments and 13 teachers, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology has made themselves the ultimate destiny for MBBS in Bangladesh. Now they have reached the sky with 7 schools, 27 departments and 2 institutes with 552 teachers and around 11000 students.
The Shahjalal University of Science and Technology was established on 13th February 1991. Within this small time span university has earned a lot of respect. There are 13 affiliated medical colleges under Shahjalal university. The number of students studying a medical degree in these colleges is 4000. The university is located in the Sylhet city of Bangladesh.
Th Government of Bangladesh had formulated the University Act and by virtue of the same act in 1986, the Shahjahal University of Science & Technology was established. The university has been conferred with various titles like specialized institute for Science & Technology by virtue of the versatile faculties available at the University.
Kumargaon, almost 15 minutes drive away from the heart of Syllhet City Centre is the location of Shahjahal University of Science & Technology. In the early days, there were only three departments – Physics, Economics & Chemistry; instituted in the curriculum for the students. Later, the number of faculties offered was increased and help the students to acquire the skill-set for building a better future. SUST is also one of those few university, who have offered free Wifi to the students and encourage them to explore the advancements in their subject across the globe.
Different faculties offered to the students at the University are as follows:
- School of Agriculture and Mineral Sciences
- School of Applied Science and Technology
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Management and Business Administration
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
Students need to follow these steps to take admission in Bangladesh for MBBS:
- Step 1: Students need to fill the admission form from the online portal of university.
- Step 2: Submit all the documents online or at the office of ‘Select Your University’.
- Step 3: Students will get an invitation letter within 2 weeks if selected.
- Step 4: After getting an invitation letter students have to pay the tuition fee of the academy.
- Step 5: With the original receipt of fee payment and invitation letter of the university, students can apply for the student visa process.
Students need to have the following documents for the admission process:
- SSC mark sheet
- HSC mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- NEET report card
- Student Visa (after admission is confirmed)
- Passport size photos
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- Medical test report
Students have to set in the following eligibility criteria to get admission to Bangladesh for MBBS:
- Candidates who are above 17 years old on or before 31st December of admission year can take admission to MBBS in Bangladesh
- Candidates who have scored more than 50% in HSC exam or in similar course with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects can apply for the admission process for MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Students who have cleared the NEET examination with eligible scores can apply for the MBBS course at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology University.
|Last Date to Apply
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)
|Duration of MBBS Course
|Medium of Teaching
||Country Ranking – 12
World Ranking – 5992
Benefits & Recognition
Below are some of the reasons of studying MBBS course at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology:
- Shahjalal University of Science and Technology Academy is one of the top-ranked universities.
- The low cost fee structure offered by this university is very much affordable for MBBS admirers.
- The medium of teaching the MBBS course is English. This helps a lot to Indian students to understand very well.
- The study pattern for MBBS is not much different than Indian study pattern.
- Cultural and traditional similarities help students to feel like home.
- The education quality of Shahjalal University reflects in its improvements and hikes of institutes, and staff.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Shahjalal University of Science and Technology has the following accreditation and recognition.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- The Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Medical and Dental Council of Bangladesh
- Ministry of health and family welfare government of Bangladesh
- Ministry of education Bangladesh
- Equivalent standard of southeast Asia and British
- World Federation of medical education (WFME)