Omsk State Medical University Admission, Fees & Requirements
In 1920, Omsk State Medical University was established as the Medical Faculty. The university is located in Omsk, Russia. In 1921, Omsk State Medical Academy was transformed as the West Siberian State Medical Institute. It was called the Omsk State Medical Institute in 1925. It was named as the Omsk State Medical Academy in 1994.
This medical university has 59 departments. Out of the total staff, 73% of the staff members have an academic degree. Omsk State Medical Academy has been constantly ranked among the Top 100 Universities of Russia. Omsk State Medical Academy has got IVth level accreditation.
Omsk State Medical University – Quick Highlights
Given below is the info for a quick overview of Omsk State Medical University Russia:
|Intake for MBBS In Russia
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission
||45 to 60 days
|Annual Tuition Fee
||4700 USD (approx)
||50% in PCB (45% for SC/ST)
||Yes, it is compulsory
||Country Rank – 171
World Rank – 4077
||5 years + 1 year of internship
||Approved by NMC, WHO
|Medium of Education
Omsk State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure
The fee structure for Omsk State Medical University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Tution Fee INR
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Omsk State Medical University is as follows:
- Students must have cleared the NEET exam.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The candidate must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology if the student is from the General category and must have English as a compulsory subject.
- The students from SC/ST/OBC category must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject.
Following is the admission process for applying to MBBS course at Omsk State Medical University:
- Step 1: Applicants should fill the application form available online. They can send the documents via email.
- Step 2: Then they have to submit a school leaving certificate, a birth certificate, a copy of passport, and transcripts of records and other necessary documents.
- Step 3: Once students submit the above documents, they will receive an admission letter from the university.
- Step 4: The Registration Fees should be paid to the University Account or through net banking.
- Step 5: The Department of Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation will start issuing the official invitation letter for study on the confirmation of the admission by respective universities.
- Step 6: On receiving an admission letter from Russian Federation, students would need to visit the embassy/ consulate of the Russian Federation in your country for a student visa.
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Omsk State Medical University:
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of School leaving certificate and 12th standard mark sheet
- Copy of NEET UG Result
- Invitation charges
- Duly filled application form (online or onsite)
- Income proof of parents or guardian
- Undergraduate, and Graduate certificates (if any)
- Address Proof
- Birth Certificate
- 6 Passport size photos
- Migration Certificate
- HIV reports and medical insurance by recognized hospital
Omsk State Medical University - Study MBBS Course Syllalus
||Anatomy & Histology
|Anatomy and Physiology
||genetics and principles of clinical medicine,
4th – 6th Year
||Neurology and Psychiatry
||Primary Care medicine
||Obstetrics and Gynecology
Omsk State Medical University – MBBS Duration
The duration of MBBS course at Omsk State Medical University is mentioned below:
The duration of the MBBS course at Omsk State Medical University is 6 years, out of which 1 year is an internship.
The medium of instruction is English for studying MBBS at this university.
Omsk State Medical University – Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Omsk State Medical University:
Omsk State Medical University – Academic Calendar 2021
Here are some Important dates to remember if you want to pursue medical career at Omsk State Medical University:
|Application Start Date
||Within 2 weeks from application
|Admission Start Date
||September – October
Accreditation and Recognition
Omsk State Medical Academy has following Accreditation and Recognition:
- The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Hostel & Food
Following are the hostel and food facilities at Omsk State Medical Academy:
- At Omsk State Medical Academy, students are provided with accommodation facilities.
- There are three dormitories that accommodate about 1,344 students studying at the University.
- Rooms at the hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students. Each dormitory is equipped with bathrooms, rooms for self-preparation, kitchens, shower units, and sports activities.
- All resident students are provided with pillow covers, bedsheets, etc.
- All dormitories have 24×7 access to the Internet.
- In each room, there are chairs, a wardrobe, beds, bedside tables, two tables, and a kitchen cupboard.
- For accommodating international students, the university has 6 dormitories.
- Indian food is available at the hostel’s mess and thus it gives great relief to Indian students.
Student Life at Omsk State Medical University
The life of students at the Omsk city is described below:
- Omsk State Medical Academy believes that physical training is a significant part of the daily routine.
- The University has well-equipped gyms, a sport and recreation center for the students, ski-centers, etc.
- The department of extra-curricular and social activities at the Omsk State Medical Academy carries out many cultural and sports activities, fun activities, for the students on the campus.
- In OSMA, there are 22 specialized sports clubs including five fitness centres, two big gyms, and the Olympic sports complex with a pool.
- The University takes part in the Healthy Lifestyle University competition every year.
- OSMU has creative groups for regional, national and international competitions and thus it is a world of opportunities and activities for students.
- With about 600,000 printed titles, OSMU has one of the oldest & rich libraries of medical libraries in Russia
Cost of Living at Omsk State Medical University
Following are the living expenses at Omsk city:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)
||Ranges in between Rs.22 – Rs.480
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)
||Rs.1600 – Rs.1700
|One way ticket of any local transport
||Rs.24 – 25
|A monthly pass for local transport
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment
||Cost between Rs.11,400 – Rs.16,100