Jagiellonian University Admission, Fees & Requirements
Jagiellonian University is the oldest university in Poland having significant achievements in modern times. The university was founded in Krakow city by the king Kazimierz. Jagiellonian University has a history of 600 years with a date of 12th May 1364 .
In the year of 1993, the university has established a 3 medical faculties including the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy and the Department of health protection. In the year 1400, the university is renovated with four faculties.
In 1950, all the medical departments in Poland are separated from universities and evolved as independent institutions-medical academies. Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy and Health Science formed the medical college. Jan Kro was the first physician elected as the rector of a medical institute.
Admission Process: How to Apply for MBBS Course
- Step 1: For applying MBBS course at Jagiellonian University Medical College, a candidate need to fill the online application form available on the website.
- Step 2: Read the information regarding qualification criteria and required documents carefully & fill the form with valid details.
- Step 3: Make sure that you have filled the correct details or not.
- Step 4: Some documents required to submit online during the registration process & some documents can be submitted during admission of the programme.
- Step 5: Candidates need to pay application fee after confirmation of registration. Note that the application fee is not refundable.
- Step 6: Candidate should have to register on OAS account for applying entrance exam conducted by the institute.
- Step 7: The result of application & announcement of a ranking list should be displayed on OAS account at the time of admission counseling process.
- Step 8: After confirmation & declaration of result, the candidate needs to enroll officially for MBBS programme.
Admission Criteria: For MBBS Course
- Candidate should be required to present a document confirming knowledge of English on B2 level.
- Candidates required to clear IELTS or TOEFL exams for testing of English language with 6.5 points for IELTS and 87 points for TOEFL test.
- A candidate who is 10+2 passed from a recognized school/university will be considered for MBBS admission at Jagiellonian University Medical College.
- Candidates should be completed secondary education in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with required grades.
Documents Required: Applying for MBBS Course
- Scan copy of the application form
- Motivation letter in English
- Copy of 10th mark sheet
- Copy of 12th mark sheet
- Copy of document confirming English language
- Photographs (35 mm * 45 mm)
- Medical certificate
Jagiellonian University Medical College – Quick Highlights
|Last Date to Apply
||50% in PCB
||Yes, it is compulsory
||Rs. 10.98 Lakh/Year
||6 years including internship
|Medium of Education
||English & Polish
||Country Rank – 2
World Rank – 426
Medical Programme offered at Jagiellonian University Medical College
1. DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery)
- The university offers a 5-year programme in dentistry having 5000 class hours and 300 ECTS points.
- During the course of study, students receive the knowledge of basic science and clinical discipline.
- The course is taught in English language n which the students can get engaged in patients of University Dental Clinic.
2. MD (Doctor of Medicine)
- The university offers a 6-year programme in MD which is commonly known as MBBS in India by establishing a European Teaching Standard.
- During the course of study, candidates are subjected to preclinical and clinical courses taught in the English language.
- After completion of course, the degree awarded to students as MBBS/MD in medicine.
Other than medical programme the university also offers:
- Humanities and Social Science
- Science programme