Tbilisi Medical Teaching University "Hippocrates" Admission, Fees & Requirements
In 2003, Tbilisi Medical Teaching University “Hippocrates” was established. It is an authorized and accredited higher education institution. It is located in the large city of ‘Tbilisi’. Tbilisi Medical University offers courses and programs leading to higher education degrees in several areas of study.
Tbilisi Medical University, Hippocrates, has international students from different countries like Iraq, Iran, Armenia, and India too. Truly international experience is offered by the Tbilisi Medical Teaching University HIPPOCRATES. The University focuses on intensive clinical teaching and good interaction with the students to always help them.
The University is equipped with modern technologies, laboratories with new equipment and instruments, clinics etc. It focuses on intensive clinical teaching and good interaction with the students to always help them. Practical pedagogy is the teaching and an important research pillar of the university. It aims to provide active individual assistance, so that the students get trained to be able to make a quick decision while practicing medicine professionally, and can save the patient.
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF DENTAL MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- FACULTY OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Step by Step Admission Process to Study MBBS Course
To secure admission in one of the top medical universities in Georgia, like ‘Georgian American University’, students must follow the instructions given below:
Step 1: Students must fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
Step 2: The University reviews the applications sent by the students and then they need to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
Step 3: Once it is done, within 30 days, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants. The university receives a ministry order after this and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
Step 4: After all the above procedures are completed, the visa approval takes nearly 30 days.
Step 5: The day and date of departure of applicants are planned and finalized after the fee is cleared.
Eligibility Criteria – Tbilisi Medical University, ‘Hippocrates’
The eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at Tbilisi Medical University ‘Hippocrates’ is as follows:
- The candidate must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date in which the admission is being taken.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to clear both IELTS and TOEFL exams.
- The applicant must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- The candidate should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
- Birth Certificate
- 6 passport size photos
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport with minimum 1-year validity
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Medical Certificate showing absence of HIV infection
- School passing/leaving certificate
Benefits of Studying at Tbilisi Medical University, ‘Hippocrates’
- The students studying MBBS at this university can avail of the benefits of students exchange programs of USA, Europe, Canada, Australia or can transfer themselves to any USA Medical Colleges once they evaluate their current credentials, at any authorized evaluator organization.
- The entire MBBS course is taught in the English medium of instruction at the Tbilisi medical university, Hippocrates.
- Tbilisi Medical University, Hippocrates, is listed in WHO, FAIMER, and MCI and it is recognized globally.
- The university provides a high quality of education.
- Due to the well-maintained law and order, Tbilisi is a safe place especially for girl students to study.
- As the education system in Georgia is highly efficient, it showcases a high literacy rate of 91%.
- The locals in Georgia are quite sociable and friendly towards international students, so students will feel comfortable in a new country.
- Students get exposure to various cultures due to the vast amount of students coming from different countries who come to pursue MBBS in Georgia.