Akaki Tsereteli State University Admission, Fees & Requirements
Akaki Tsereteli State University was established in 1930 and now it is one of the toppest educational institutions in Georgia. Due to its high level of scientific research, training and institutions it has gained universal recognition. It was formed after the annulment of the Tbilisi State University.
The University is a diverse higher education organization that carries out academic and professional programs and is operated in active research activities. It follows the traditions of Phase and Gelati academics, principles of “Great Charter of Universities” and national & European standards of Higher Education. It aspires to offer students a high-quality education and research activities to help them in developing their personalities, grow professionally as leaders.
The University aims to always contribute towards the development of the country and recognize its responsibility towards the people. It desires to offer education programs and services throughout in order to create a source of refined knowledge to engage various people in the form of public policy formation.
Faculty of Medicine is one of the youngest faculties in the university founded in 1995. It offers various academic programs, joint programs and various curriculum activities. In 2014, it became the member of AMEE- Medical Education Association and in 2015 it got listed in WHO, and International Medical Education Catalog- IMED.
In the faculty of Medicine, there are 8 professors, 15 associate professors, 8 assistant professors in which various experts and consultants of different international organizations are included.
- DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL MEDICINE
- DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACY
- DEPARTMENT OF DENTISTRY
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Program
Any student with Indian nationality can take admission to Akaki Tsereteli State University if they fit in the following eligibility criteria:
- A student should have obtained 50% of the qualifications in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the level of Class XII (Sciences) for the general category.
- Students from the reserved category can apply for the MBBS course with a minimum of 40% marks in HSC.
- The age limit for the student to get admission in Akaki Tsereteli State University is a minimum of 17 years old and a maximum of 25 years old. This age should be at the time of admission or before the 31st December of the admission year.
Students who wish to take admission to Akaki Tsereteli State University need to follow the simple admission process. This admission process for Akaki Tsereteli is explained step by step below:
- Step 1: Students need to fill the application form for admission. Make sure you fill all the details without any mistakes.
- Step 2: Submit all the necessary documents on the online portal of the university.
- Step 3: The university will send the offer letter to all the qualified students. Students need to pay the first year tuition fee to confirm their admission once they get the offer letter.
- Step 4 : With the offer letter and the first year fee receipt students can apply for a student visa.
Documents Required to Study MBBS/MD in Georgia
Candidates make sure that all the documents mentioned below are ready before starting the admission process:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Transfer certificate/ leaving Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Six Passport size photos
- Valid passport
- Health insurance and medical certificate mentioning HIV analysis and vaccination result
- Covid – 19 test report latest to the admission date
The University collaborates productively with universities and scientific centers of the EU, EE. UU. And Eastern countries to establish conditions that meet international accreditation / approval standards and create the best environment for students.
Benefits & Recognition
There are several advantages of studying MBBS in Akaki Tsereteli State University. These points mentioned below will let you know whether any student should choose Akaki Tsereteli State University for an MBBS course:
- University approved / recognized by MCI, New Delhi.
- Without TOEFL / IELTS
- Standard and quality education.
- Courses recognized all over the world (EUROPEAN COUNCIL, UNESCO, WHO, etc.)
- English Medium of education.
- Better job prospects
- Emphasis on practical aspects of teaching.
- Possibility of residency and permanent settlement in Europe once the study program is finished
Accreditation & Recognitions
The degree from Akaki Tsereteli State University is worldwide recognized and accepted as the university is recognized worldwide. This university :has the following Accreditation and Recognition:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- World Federation Of Medical Education (WFME)
- Education Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Foundation For Advancement Of International Medical Education And Research (FAIMER)