NEET-2021 is the most sought out and pressured examination finally after the long confused waiting period NTA has announced the Examination Date. NEET-2021 which was initially scheduled to be conducted in August now scheduled for 12th September 2021. The relief of conducting NEET-2021 not prevailed along with new schedule changes in the examination pattern announced by NTA.
Plenty of discussions are continuously spreading on the positive and negative effects of the pattern change to students scoring. Students need to see the opportunity as much more positive as stressing on the impacts. Let’s have a thorough look at the NEET-2021 examination pattern prior to scrutinizing the impact of the additional questions.
NEET-2021: Important Dates to Remember
|Application Form availability||13th July 2021 5.00 p.m|
|Last date for Online application Form submission||6th August 2021 11.50 p.m|
|Last date for Fees payments||7th August 2021 11.50 p.m|
|Particulars of Fees as per the reservation category
|Starting date for any corrections for the Application form||8th August 2021|
|Last date for application form corrections can be done||12 August 2021|
|Date of announcement of Examination Centers||20th August 2021|
|Date of releasing the Admit cards||9th September 2021|
|Date of NEET-2021 examination||12th September 2021|
|Time of NEET-2021 examination||2.00 PM to 5.00 PM (IST)|
|Total time duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|No, of questions to be answered||180|
|Key of NEET-2021 examination release date||It Will be announced later|
|Examination Results||It Will be announced later|
NEET-2021 Points to Consider before Applying
- All applications are to be submitted in “ONLINE” mode only
- No applications are allowed which sent/submitted in any other mode
- Applications are to be submitted through the official website link only http://neet.nta.nic.in/.
- One candidate can submit One Application only
- Every candidate should carefully fulfill all the instructions prior to submission
- In case of any mistakes, candidates can modify/correct them from 8th to 12th August 2021 only and not before or after that
- Every candidate should be careful of the mail IDs or the phone no’s provided, ensure the same must be their personal or family members only and not of any outsiders.
- Candidates must go through all the instructions provided carefully prior to filling the two columns of the application
- Ensure your Eligibility criteria carefully
- Follow every step diligently during the Form filling
- Provide every necessary information carefully and check once or twice prior to submit
- Make note of the system generated Application Form No for future references
- Keep candidates “STAMP SIZE” photo to be set in the application form
- Candidates “Left-hand thumbprint” is also a necessary requirement for the form filling
- FEE payment should be made through online mode only
- Check with your bank carefully that the amount has been successfully deducted or not
- DOWNLOAD all the confirmation copies after the submission of the application form
- Check regularly the official website of NTA for any changes and for the announcement of the centers
NEET-2021: Change in SCHEME of Examination
NEEY-2021 syllabus has been provided clearly on the official website of NTA every candidate need to verify the same thoroughly for their preparation. Slight modifications and changes might be there depending on the Boards and States they are from. Students need to carefully verify the same during their preparations else they might leave some important topics.
NEW PATTERN OF THE TEST: NEET 2021
NEET-2021 (UG) was initially conducted for a total of 180 questions and the same got slight modifications. According to the latest changes in NEET-2021 examinations, it has two sections, Section A and Section B where the questions offered varied from the initial examinations. Previously every Subject will be having 45 questions and in total 180 questions to be answered. However, the new changed pattern will provide them with a total of 200 questions among them they can choose to answer 180 questions. It means the students can have a choice to leave the questions and select those that they are very confident at. Here check the table for more understanding.
|S. No||Subject(s)||Section(s)||No. of Questions given||No. of Questions need to answer||Total Marks
(one question carries 4 marks)
|TOTAL QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED||180|
ALLOTMENT OF MARKS: Total marks allocated for the NEET-2021 examinations are the same as with the previous examinations. Only the no. of questions has been increased by 5 questions for each subject. As usual every right answered question will be allotted 4 marks and the wrong answered questions will have a minus 1 mark deduction from the total. No marks will be deducted for any un-attempted or not answered questions.
NEET-2021 TOTAL NUMBER OF QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED
As iterated above there is no change in the no. of questions to be answered only the questions number have been increased for the choice of the student. They can choose between the given Section B, 15 questions any 10 questions to answer, and leave the remaining 5 questions unanswered.
Comparative Analysis of NEET-2020 and NEET-2021 exam pattern
|Criteria||NEET-2020||NEET-2021||Changes if any|
|Total time duration||180 minutes / 3 hrs||180 minutes/ 3 hrs||No change|
|Total questions to be answered||180 questions||180 questions||No change|
|Total marks allocated||720 marks||720 marks||No change|
|Marks for every correct answer||4 marks||4 marks||No change|
|Marks deducted for every wrong answer||1 mark||1 mark||No change|
|Total questions given||180||200||20 questions additionally given|
The only change provided by NTA for the NEET-2021 examinations is the choice of questions at Schedule B can be made from 15 given questions. This can be considered as a good option for those who don’t want to attempt the wrong questions and get negative marks.
NEET-2021: 20 Extra Questions Advantage or Disadvantage?
NEET-2021, NTA offered an opportunity for the NEET candidates to have an option to choose 10 opted questions from the given 15. This in terms of negative marking and having an option to attempt the questions that the students are very confident is a good opportunity and great advantage. But in terms of TIME duration which is the same might show a little effect for the students to study all the questions prior to answer and choose between. If the students can cope up with the time duration well this change can greatly be considered as a great advantage to the NEET-2021 candidates.
For more information on NEET-2021 checks the other articles on NEET on our official website of www.tutelagestudy.com and know frequent updates on NEET-2021.